Thursday 2 October 2008

experimenting

Some of my poetry is in series form. Maybe i feel one poem alone cannot do justice to the theme, or i cannot get the theme out of my head, and my heart, and i am compelled to write, almost incessantly on it. For instance, my Widow series. i also have a Doodles series but that consists of short, random stuff.
This is another series. i call it experimenting, because of the theme i attempt to deal with- love. Not just any kind of love, Grand, Passionate, Illogical- but- so- right kinda love. Aptly, this series is called Moody.
Moody 1
this pain means love
or so he says
if this is love
then i'm unfazed
give me more of this pain
this ache this aching mien
cut me up into tiny selves
this pain
this dervish hell
this dull ache
agony's loud shout
and bring me up
for another bout
with this sweet tantalizing hell
with him and his intense eyes
with emotion requited
and tormented ties
bring on this pain
am here and now
i long to see
this long ago love.

8 comments:

Sooraj said...

"Your experiments with truth", shall they be called?

Deepak said...

love is definitely a pain,
but it is a pain that all love to have!

great start in your moody series!

Vinod Chandramouli said...

Call it luck or call it "Its a small world". But yeah I found you :) . Remember me ? Vinod Chandramouli, Latha mam's son !!

Srividya Sivakumar said...

sooraj
why the emphasis on YOUR? why you not one, for mad passionate love?!

Srividya Sivakumar said...

hi deepak
yes it is sweet misery. thank you, will keep at it, the series that is.

Srividya Sivakumar said...

hi vinod!
how are you? do send me your email?

NotoriouslySerious said...

disturbia :S tormented ties! love as bondage? brr. why bother callin it love if its bondage.

Sooraj said...

No, I did not mean it that way. I meant it with reference to Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography "My experiments with truth".

And, vouching for mad, passionate love- I don't know. I can't talk about something I haven't experienced. But, with reference to all the romance out there in the movies (I mean the really good ones. Not Vijay movies.), I ,think I shall vouch if and when the situation arises.