Sunday 12 October 2008

Night nuances

with my glass of water i sit down on the porch
the silence is quiet nobody encroached
the river flows sluggishly pregnant with memories
that will hold their own when they mingle with the seas
many a happy summer have i spent there
with you in my childhood content without a care
now we are older and married too
you are married to her but i feel wedded to you
in my heart my body i feel this way
i think about you all the time
have you thought of me today
i still live in the memories of
those far away times
when time was ours and
you were mine.

4 comments:

Sooraj said...

Hmmmm. And so does the book get filled! Cheers!

priya said...

areh....so...ma'am. a tough person with so much of longing!!this entry is a easy read frankly speaking!!

Deepak said...

A very simple poem from you ma'am... that's a rare event... Off late I had been reading few anagram poems!

I have posted one in my blog too (not my work ;-))....

Do have a read when you find time

http://24x7interestingfacts.blogspot.com/2008/10/anagram-poems.html

niwashne said...

unexpected...yet to believe and astonish the way u present your emotions.the meaning reaches clearly thats making u a great poet..hurrah!!