Tuesday 20 October 2009

Seashore

by the ocean far, so far away
the sun rises to another bright day
purple glimmers the water far below
and gulls begin to clamour, circling the cove
the coconut fronds start swaying
to the beat of the gentle breeze
that embraces all around it
and disturbs the seas
the flowers awaken from their sleep filled night
the birds are getting louder arguing
having a fight
a crab scuttles along the sands on the shore
and from the beach you can hear the ocean roar
pretty pink shells pepper the path I walk on
and the grass feels smooth a fresh mown lawn
i stand at the cliff’s edge
look at the vista before me
almost unbearable beauty stretches to eternity
I’d thought I should jump off but
now I step back and stare
and consider myself lucky
lucky that I am there.

No comments: