Monday 9 May 2011

Rub

you're off to colder climes
leaving me alone with all this rhyme
and i dwell in the moments of the past
an old tale, not forgotten fast
and now he appears in my life
his absence cuts like a knife
but asks only that we be acquainted
and i agree, willingly antiquated
our conversations are intense
old incidents are making sense
but i am afraid to take it slow
because, sometimes, he seems good to go
but you can go off and do your thing
travel the world, have those flings
because i'm in this space in my head
my heart says go, like it has always said
this acquaintance is bound to grow
see me breaking down this door
i'm stepping into this room of grey
please be there is all i pray
i'm travelling half way as i always do
wait till i get there, please won't you?

No comments: