Friday 17 April 2009

Moody

even as i say no
i know
i will go
down the path of pleasure
moss underfoot stars above
will cushion my journey to love
my footsteps are fireflies
my tread light as rain
i am walking down this
road
i claimed never to walk on again
the thin fabric clings to me
as though urging me on
a prayer in my heart
on my lips a silent song
a discreet flight of stairs
the inconspicuous door
i knock wait listen
then i knock some more
maybe he isn’t expecting me
but how can that be true
he’d said please please
i will wait for you
the door opens and i see
him standing there
the look of naked longing
strips his face bare
we make it from
the door to bed
nothing is spoken though
the hand that holds mine
and leads me
says so much more
a rattan roof
is broken up
by a slow revolving fan
languid turgid is the night
intense is the man
leave us now oh reader
a voyeur you cannot be
love makes us over and over
that you sense
you see.

6 comments:

Ashmur said...

great work ma'am. i've been reading your work for quite some time but am too lazy to comment. forgive me if i am wrong but all your poems on love, that i've read so far, expresses the topic from a female perspective which is understandable since the poet is a female. but i'd like to see you write a poem on the same topic from a male perspective ma'am. i am sure you can do that and am eager to read it. cheers.

Karthick said...

may be i should leave u people alone..

priya said...

oh god... finally the reader becomes not-voyuer(thank god)! and why din u compare the writer to not-saint explicitly;-)

Shruti Narayanan said...

Karthick recommended ur blog to me.. n its sure worth it. Had to go back n read the poem again but then fortunately it wasn't very long :) interesting writing i would say... 'gone with the wind' i guess... :)

Deepak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepak said...

my goodness...
the reader becomes the scapegoat!