Tuesday 28 October 2008

Coming Clean

my poetry makes people question me
and ask if i’m sane
i smile
shrug non committal
then write hard verse again
is it about me
i am asked
how can it not be
but then widow alcoholic abused whore
do these define me
i write because i have to
i don’t know any other way
to be who i am
i must speak confront
i have to say
the slimy uncomfortable stuff
dirty underbelly of life
weaves itself through my lines
i am honest
for this there is no strife
so read
if you can handle it
it is not my desire to
discomfit you (it is)
love it
loathe it
be compelled by it
don’t ignore it
no matter what you do.

3 comments:

priya said...

well, is this a reply to all the comments u received??..."fire brigadier" srividya's words does the things she intends to,i guess.but,i really wonder if it is atleast seen by the people who are targeted let alone read and realise!!!

Samba said...

http://caferati.blogspot.com/2008/11/open-space-harper-collins-poetry.html#3657778772482864134

In case you didn't know about the contest already.

Vee said...

I read your words to find solace and I often leave wondering how you say what I feel.