Wednesday 19 December 2007

Animal

is that guilt i wonder
when you smile
and exclaim at how
old you feel
and carefully not hug me
while your new bride
has no such qualms
can you perhaps see
the shattered lil girl in me
kissed with fetid lips
and touched in secret places
in her secret places
that child who came to you
feathers in her hand
gentle trusting
and you used her
against her
used feathered fingers
to touch
her
i remember the smell
that being that felt
rubbery
unyielding
to the little fingers
my little fingers
that held it
the game we were playing
voices muffled
parents in the next room
a child i was
a child
and you put your fingers
in me
made me grow up
now i know
what you did
it has a name
i hate hide and seek.

After…..

a grown woman
i do not bear scars
or trauma
of what you did
and yet i search
feverishly
through all
the news
of abuse
that speak of
a stolen childhood.

4 comments:

Uttara Ananthakrishnan said...

this one is beautiful

rangr said...

Ah!

Sooraj said...

Excellent! Just Excellent! I sincerely wish that this was not the case though (Point being the subject of the poem).

Vee said...

wow. What made you write this? I'm curious to know.