Thursday 20 September 2007

why runwrapt?

i have been writing poetry, or should i say trying to, since i was five. trust me, my parents have embarrasing evidence to prove it. note paper with terrible terrible handwriting and people with remarkably good memories who recall my reciting my work to them.
i think my aim then and now is pretty much the same. to write. and to rhyme. but i'd like to think i have moved beyond such gems like, ' my uncle is thin and looks like a pin' and that 'he has a moustache that looks like a sash'. you know? i do try some prose poems as i like to call them..
so 600 or so poems later, i want to believe that i can rhyme but not just merely rhyme, actually make some sense.
and no matter how much i write, i come back to some poems and some lines that make me proud and make me think not bad, you know your way around this girl.
someday is one of those poems, those lines are some of the ones i am especially proud of.
so the title..

2 comments:

Vinay said...

well considering that this is a situation that all of us go through wherein we really want to write and dont know what to do or just dont care what others think of our "masterpieces", the name does justice :)

Uttara Ananthakrishnan said...

gee... :D *sheepish grin* sorry bout the ginwrapt....:D